Rangers F.C.

FAI Summer Soccer School

Pat Treacy, (087) 9543238.

23th to 27th July 2018

17 April 2011
Tipperary Cup
Nenagh Celtic
David Walsh (2)
B. Quinn
Mark Walsh
S. Ryan
P. Ryan
Clodiagh Rangers
Matt Ryan
Paudie Ryan
Clodiagh Rangers ĎA' travelled to Nenagh VEC grounds on Sunday afternoon last to play Nenagh Celtic ĎA' in what transpired to be their final fixture of the season in the quarter final of NT&DSL Tipperary Cup.
Nenagh Celtic exacted revenge in blistering fashion for Clodiagh Rangers having derailed their league challenge in Drombane back in January with an impressive display of their attacking capabilities.
Nenagh Celtic raced into a two-goal lead inside the opening ten minutes with burly centre forward, David Walsh, hitting a quick fire brace to leave the visitors rocking. Clodiagh Rangers managed to regroup and Gareth Foxton worked the Nenagh Celtic keeper with a shot from the edge of the box after neat interplay between Paul English and Paudie Ryan down the right wing.

Clodiagh Rangers were undone again by their hosts inside twenty minutes on the counter, when a right wing cross found it's way to Quinn at the back post who buried the ball beyond Adrian Cooke in the Clodiagh Rangers goal. Clodiagh Rangers continued to press forward in search of a way back into the contest and dominated the remaining twenty minutes of the half even if they threaded a fine line defensively.

Clodiagh Rangers got their just deserts after half an hour when Matt Ryan confidently headed home a Paudie Ryan right wing cross at the back post. Clodiagh Rangers seized the initiative and committed further numbers forward and forced a corner when the home keeper parried a Michael Browne effort around the left hand post. From the resultant Gareth Foxton corner, Paudie Ryan hit an emphatic volley to the back of the net from the edge of the six-yard box.

Adrian Cooke preserved the visitors' momentum when he had to race off his line to deny Walsh a first half hatrick for Nenagh Celtic.

Joe Cullagh almost got Clodiagh Rangers back on level terms before the break when he controlled a left wing cross from Barry O'Loughlin in the box, but subsequently scuffed his shot narrowly wide.

Nenagh Celtic regrouped at the break and re-emerged a more defensively solid unit in the second half with chances at a premium for the Drombane outfit.

After nullifying the Clodiagh Rangers threat up front Nenagh Celtic pressed forward in search of more goals and after creaking on a number of occasions, the Clodiagh Rangers resistance was broken with twenty minutes to go when Mark Walsh scored with a fine solo effort.

Nenagh Celtic piled on the misery in the closing minutes, scoring two further goals, as Clodiagh Rangers left themselves increasingly exposed at the back in search of a scoring response.

A disappointing end to the season for the Clodiagh Rangers senior contingent, but no doubt the club will turnout in numbers to support our Youth Team who have successfully booked passage to the NT & DSL Tipperary Youth Cup final, with a date for the fixture yet to be announced.
Adrian Cooke; Barry O'Loughlin, Matt McCullagh, John O'Dwyer, Paul English; Michael Browne, Denis McCullagh, Matt Ryan, Paudie Ryan; Gareth Foxton, Joseph Cullagh.
Andrew Fogarty, Shane O'Dwyer.